I can't mod the game

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:57 PM
I can't add my own translation!
I'm choosing my translation but everything is still on english! What I do wrong?

I tried to restart the game... Tried to use default .xml file (without changing file name)... But that's useless! This just doesn't work...
Jan 26, 2014 at 12:17 AM
This is strange, my translate works
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2014 at 5:49 AM
Edited Jan 30, 2014 at 5:50 AM
The only thing I can think of is that there is something wrong with the translation file. The program fails silently when it tries to deserialize the XML.

If you're familiar with coding, you can put a breakpoint at the exception and try see what the problem is.
public static void SetLanguage(string fileName)
        {
            try
            {
                _customLanguage = new Dictionary<EnglishStrings, string>();
                var xml = File.ReadAllText(fileName);
                foreach (var customText in SerializationHelpers.FromXml<List<CustomText>>(xml))
                {
                    _customLanguage[customText.Id] = customText.Text;
                }
            }
            catch(Exception ex)
            {
                //Breakpoint here
                _customLanguage = null;
            }
        }
Marked as answer by JerryGreen on 1/30/2014 at 11:28 AM
Jan 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Edited Feb 1, 2014 at 5:35 PM
I'm a russian guy and I'm learning programming in college. But I can't understand how to use this code right... Obviously, I need to change Languages.cs file, but w.e.... I can't even understand how to build these source codes at all. Anyway, I don't need that anymore (not interested anymore). But thank you for answering anyway! You are doing good things. Game development is really hard thing! So, I wish you success with it!

PS. Not sure my english is good. Sorry for mistakes :)